Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on a question to view the answer.
Do you have Pappy Van Winkle or any of the Buffalo Trace antique collection?
We get a very limited allocation of these products, usually around the holiday season. The way we decide who gets the opportunity to purchase a bottle of these extremely rare items is through a lottery. The sign up to be included in the lottery starts around mid-October to early November and is on our website. We use some of our allocation for contests/promotions as well. If you follow us on Facebook and Twitter you will be notified of these promotions.
Do you have any Russian River Brewing products?
We get periodic shipments of Russian River products from our distributor about every 4-6 weeks. These shipments with our allocation of products such as Pliny the Elder and others come in on Friday mornings. The best way to get your hands on them is to either contact our office staff on Friday mornings to see when shipments come in or to stop in on Friday mornings and ask a member of our beer department.
Can I get an order shipped to me?
We can ship to anywhere within the state of Colorado. Unfortunately however, we are not currently allowed to ship anywhere outside of our state. To have an order shipped to you please contact our office staff and they can help you place your order. At this time we only ship wine and beer.
What are your store hours?
Please see hour Hours & Directions page.
Are you open on Holidays?
We are open every day of the year except for Christmas Day.
I do not see a product on your website. Do you do special orders?
If a product is distributed in the state of Colorado and our distributors have it in stock we can get it. The best way to make a special request for any specific product is to send an email to the head of the respective department (Dan Chacon for beer, Sheila Carey for wine or Andrew Burton for liquor) with the information on the product you are looking for and they will let you know whether or not they can get it for you and then they can set up an order for you. Please send an email to info@argonautliquor.
What is your delivery fee?
We are happy to deliver anywhere within the Denver-metro area:
- Delivery Fee = $10.00 Up to a 15 Miles from store
- Delivery Fee = $15.00 15 to 25 Miles from store
- Over 25 miles – we do not do these deliveries UNLESS it is an order placed one week in advance so we can ensure proper staffing and vehicle availability.
Does your pricing change for deliveries?
There is no additional charge per product for a delivery, however unfortunately we cannot offer sale pricing on any item that is shipped or delivered.
Can you deliver Kegs?
We can deliver kegs under certain circumstances:
- A $10.00 service fee will be applied to all deliveries within 15 miles.
- There will be a $10.00 addition per keg delivered.
- Kegs can only be delivered to main floor. We will deliver to specific location if an elevator is available. We cannot pull kegs upstairs.
- The person who orders and pays for kegs over the phone must be present at time of delivery with ID. (See Exceptions below)
- We will not deliver to hotels, dorms, restaurants, or parks (see exception below)
- If the person who ordered/paid for keg will not be available at the time of delivery these scenarios are acceptable to make the delivery:
- Private events or the caterer will receive the order on client’s behalf.
- Corporate order and keg is being received at a place of business.
- Delivery to Parks is allowed when a copy of special events liquor permit provided ahead of time.
Would you be willing to donate to our charity?
In order to fairly process all the donation requests we get we have an online application for donations under our Donation Request page. To help as much of our community as possible we do offer a 15% Discount to all non-profit organizations at all times. Just bring us a copy of your 501(c) (3) designation letter.
Do you allow children in your store?
Children are permitted in our store as long as they are accompanied by a legal guardian. We request that children do not push carts, put items in the cart, carry items, provide payment, or participate in the purchase in any manner.
Can I make a purchase of non-alcoholic items in your store if I am under 21 years old?
It is our store policy that no one under the age of 21 is allowed to make a purchase of any kind in our store.
Do you allow pets in your store?
Only service dogs are allowed in the store.
Do you offer a discount on bulk orders?
We do offer a 10% full case discount and 5% mixed case discount on all liquor or wine that is regular price. We do not offer any additional discounts off of our already low sale prices.
What personal information of mine do you keep on file?
We retain your purchase history (approximately one year), your name as well as the address, phone number or email that you have provided us with. We do not store your credit card information. We only use your personal information for our purposes and we do not sell or share this information with anyone else.
What is your return policy?
We will gladly accept returns on unused product. All labels and seals must be intact and in resale-able condition. Beer must be in full original packaging (6pack, 12pack, etc.) If you do not have a receipt and we have no record of your purchase on your Preferred Shopper Account we will gladly issue a store credit at the last sale price. If you do have a receipt or we can verify your purchase through your Preferred Shopper Account, we will issue a refund back via the original payment method. In the occasional case of spoiled product please bring back as much of the spoiled product in the original packaging as possible.
What do you require to process my purchase as tax exempt?
We require that you present the following documentation at the time of purchase:
- City and County of Denver Exemption letter.
- State of Colorado Exemption Certificate or IRS 501(c)(3) designation letter
- Payment must be made directly via the tax exempt organization via check, credit card or cash with accompanying PO from your organization.
Why does your delivery driver need to see and write down my Date of Birth and Driver License number even though I am obviously 21 years old or you have delivered to me before?
We are following Colorado Regulation 47-426, Paragraph B1. B2. and B3. Even though you may be a regular delivery customer or are over 21 years old, we do require that you provide your license each time we complete a delivery. Our drivers do not have access to your private information that we keep on file to keep our delivery logs compliant. We greatly appreciate your cooperation. If you cannot provide an ID at the time of delivery unfortunately, we cannot deliver to you.