Azelia Barolo 2014 - Argonaut Liquor

Azelia Barolo 2014

  • wa90
Azelia Barolo 2014

SKU 26672


An impeccable balance. Castiglione Falletto and Serralunga d'Alba match here in a superlative way. Aroma and finesse with power and body at the same time. Sweet nose, with hints of cherry, black currant and licorice. Fruity tannins. A union of characters. Aged for two years in large casks. In the vintages in which Barolo Riserva is not produced its grapes contribute, with their superb quality, to this exceptional Barolo.
Category Red Wine
Region Italy, Piedmont, Barolo
Brand Azelia
  • wa90

Wine AdvocateThe 2014 Barolo is a blend of fruit from six smaller vineyard sites. About 30% of the fruit comes from Castiglione Falletto and the remaining 70% is from Serralunga d'Alba (mostly from the Cerretta and Broglio crus). Across the board, the average age of the vines is 45 years old. Even though the mouthfeel is a bit thinner in this vintage, the bouquet is pleasantly generous and ripe. Blackberry, cassis, tar and spice mesh together with seamless ease.

Monica Larner, June 29, 2018

All sizes are 750ml unless otherwise stated.

Vintages are subject to change at anytime.

Items shown on the website may or may not be in stock.